Sunday, 7 March 2010

Drink me...

If I gave you a bottle of poison to drink ,I think I know what you would say........ Well every day we are putting into our bodies things which essentially poison us.Mostly we are OK as our bodies are able to fight back but sometimes they just cannot & react badly causing an allergic reaction.Over on Carolines blog she talks about people being allergic to hair dye.Very serious if you react to it.Earlier last year my hubby had 2 serious reactions to what we initially thought was food related.His face swelled up & was so bad he nearly was taken to Accident & Emergency.The doctor saw him quickly at the surgery & put him on a large course of steroids.A lot of testing later ,we have found he is allergic to quite a few things ,many of which are in cleaning products & food stuffs.The main thing he reacts to is an anti inflammatory called Naproxin.He now cannot have Ibuprofen either.I would post a picture of his reaction ,but that's not really fare on him ,but take it from me ,it was bad.
In light of all this ,I have started being careful about the products we use in the house.The last straw was when I was cleaning using a well known brand of multi-purpose spray cleaner & he started to itch & my chest became tight.I have now thrown away all my chemical cleaning products & in their place are more natural ones like Borax & Vinegar ,lemon & Bicarbonate of Soda.I only use unperfumed non bio washing liquid & wash balls & non perfumed washing up liquid.
There are many recipes for natural cleaning products which are easy to make & very effective in cleaning power.I am happier in the knowledge that I can make a difference in my families health & environmentally.I wont be pouring nasty phosphate stuff down the drain & into the water system.

No comments: