Wednesday 14 July 2010

Holiday projects.

We have been away in our little caravan to Devon/Dorset.We stayed at a lovely site near to Lyme Regis & had a very relaxing time.Hubby enjoyed himself fishing & I stitched & read.I finished my Lucy bag courtesy of Attic 24 & also finished the long & very boring baby blanket for my new Great Niece(how scary is that!).I also knitted some dish cloths which I gave to a lady who we made friends with on our holiday.Sadly I have no pictures of any of these items as I have lost my camera.Not sure of it is mislaid or stolen .I am not going to panic over it as life is just too short for that!
We had a fabulous time.On the last day (which was the last time I saw my camera) a diving group who had arrived on site gave us some freshly picked (from the sea bed) scallops.They were todie for!!!So sweet & tasty & finger licking good with a slice of brown bread & butter.
My diet has suffered slightly ,but I think a 2lb increase wasn't too bad after eating scones with clotted cream (all 3 of them) & jam,fish & chips ,strawberry tart & apricot frangipan tart & cream.
Whilst we were away we purchased some Nordic Walking poles.Great workout with these & help support your spine as well.When I used mine for the first time our friends found it very funny.I was apparently like bambi on gin! Tripping over the poles & nearly ending up in a cow pat!!I now have the hang of them & will be seen on the Sea front with them......just not for a few days as I have done something to my neck.Ouch it hurts & I am in the middle of trying to decorate our bathroom.I just hope that when I wake up in the morning it will be better.I am flinching already at the thought of the Osteopath.
I will leave you with a picture of our little snail home taken on our last outing in May!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Miss you lots :( Hope you and Paul are well and the doggys xxx