Thursday 9 September 2010

Sock it to ya!!



I picked up a ball of Rico Superba Mexico sock yarn from The Wool Bar the other day.No ,I am not going to make another pair of socks but a little baby top.


Its such pretty yarn & is self patterning.I am using this pattern which is knitted from the top down on circular needles.Apart from having to completely frog it as I had misread the pattern(Doh !!) ,I am loving it.It is a very easy knit,being just knitted in the round with a few increases for the shaping for the raglan sleeves.


The yarn is very nice & comes in a number of colourways.You could knit this for a little boy but I loved the pink & green.
It is quite a firm yarn ,having a high wool content but I know it washes up into a lovely soft & durable fabric.Its great to knit with & I find it does not split.I love watching the little coloured dots & dashes evolve into a fabric that mimics Fairisle.

I am feeling guilty as this is the 9th project I have on the go at the moment.I am not the only one though as my knitting pals have fessed up to their projects.Its all about being creative.The whole experience from the choosing of a pattern ,needles & yarn right down to finishing the piece & the receiving of it should be a lovely experience that gives you pleasure.

No comments: