Sunday 26 September 2010

Top down Babies!!


I waited for ages to get the pattern for these little tops.They are knitted from the top down on circular needles increasing at 4 points.I made the pink one in self striping sock yarn by Rico.Its wool & nylon & washes up quite soft.



The orange & green one was knitted in Rico DK which is a microfibre yarn.This is really soft.It also proved that you can use any type of yarn but just adjusts the measurements slightly.I was really pleased with the way they came out.

The boy one is for my friends baby ,Charlie ,who will be one in November.I am going to make his first birthday cake as a present so I am thinking up ideas for it.Really not sure at the moment what I will do yet.Will keep you posted.


I made these scones yesterday using this recipe & Ruth from The Pink Whisk's idea of a sugar glaze top.I was unsure of using the bread flour & added some extra raising agent using Creme of Tartar as Ed on GBBBO thought scones were better with it.They were good but I have to say I have never tasted any scones as good as the ones my ma in law used to make.They were the best!!!Nothing will ever compare with them.

No comments: